Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dance Journal #3

Ashley Gabriele        9/11/12

1. Technical Notes:  Today we learned the Cumbia (similar to the break away.  The feet don't come together and they stay hip apart.  The hands can be held and/or switch to having the hands on the lower back.)  We learned the very, very basic of the cha-cha (slow, slow, quick quick slow) what we learned was the feel goes forward/backwards and step with leading foot, step with off foot, then quick repeats and then together and then switch foot.  We also learned the the cross body (do the break steps and on the third break step, leads pull their partner to the other side and repeats to have the partner end at their original spot.    I also learn a proper way to go from a spin then into a dip (Spin, go out and spin inward to your partner and hook your arm around them and trust that they don't let you fall)

2. Personal Growth:  It is starting to get easier for me to step back and not be a leader and be a follower.  I also learned how I can still help my partner if they don't know how to lead, and I can still guide them.  Though it is really hard when some of the leaders don't put an effort into the dance, or just complain about it...it kind sucks the energy right out.  I'm learning and getting the steps much quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment