Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dance Journal #2


1. Technical Notes:  Today we learned some basic salsa moves.  First we learned the break step (our feet in a V shape together and we step forward/backward with one foot and bend slightly lift the other foot off the floor, hips sway to the opposite from from starting foot.)  We learned the basic (big step, small step, big step forward/back, right/left foot).  We learned the salsa sides (move one foot to the side and place together).  We learned the two different ways to dance with another person which are the shine (no holding hands but both party holds there hands out, but space enough apart.  Lead's hands are facing down, follower's hands are up) and the hand holding (lead's hands are turn up, and the follower hands takes their hand.)  We learned etiquette when asking or being ask to dance. 

2. Personal Growth:  When reviewing the steps last week, they seemed much easier to do and I was able to add some flare to the steps.  The steps we've learned tonight were a little tricky and getting my hips to work the way I want them.  I'm need to think less when dancing and trust my partner to lead and not take over.  I have to learn to be comfortable dancing with other people and not just my boyfriend (who I'm very comfortable dancing with).

No comments:

Post a Comment