Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, September 3, 2012

4 Years at the Center

Four years ago, I was taking a summer class...ECE 125.  I was waiting for my class to start and we were in our last week before the summer ends, and another two weeks for the fall to start.  The infant/toddler director, Wendy, was walking by and started talking to me.  I told her that I was finding a job and that I applied there twice.  She found my app and asked if I would like an interview tomorrow.  Of course I said yes. 

My interview went well.  I was hoping that I would work with the older kids because I figure that they would be more independent and that I would have to take the infant/toddler class if I work with the infant/toddler rooms.  I was already taking 12 units, but I was willing to do anything to get the job.  At the end of my interview I was told that I was to go to get my back round check and finger prints done.  Once everything cleared I would get a phone call.

After doing this, I got a phone called from the center that I would be working with Amanda in the orange room with the toddlers.  That means that I need to take the infant/toddler class...on top of my other 12 units. 

I've been there for four years now and I've done a lot to get where I am and to keep growing more. 
I've got a job at the center
I've got my A.S. in ECE
I'm waiting on my Master Teacher Permit
I'm working on my B.S. in Child development

I'm lucky and grateful that I was given a chance to work at a wonderful place and helping me grow into something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment