Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dance Journal #1

In my dance class we need to do a journal entry for each class meeting. And I have to post it on blackboard, so I figure I would post it here as well...to make use of this blog...


1. Technical Notes: What we learned last week (8/28/12) were the basic steps for dancing in general.  We had to learn how to mirror another person to be in sync with them.  We learned the difference between the steps (We go forward right, left, right, together) and (back left, right, left, together), and the rock steps (go forward/back on foot *left/right* and left the opposite foot, then step and bring together).  We learned the the side step, it speaks for it self ( Step right, together, right, together. Then left together, left together).  The last thing we've learned was the triple steps (step forward/backwards right, slightly pass with the left, and step with the right).

2. Personal Growth: I found that the side steps were easier and I could add more flavor to them for the next time doing the side steps.  The ones that I found challenging were the triple steps (and doing with music of faster speeds).  I also found what was difficult is getting into with the beat.  I found when I'm thinking too much, I tend to make more mistakes and I would go back to fix them.  Where as when I was just dancing and just getting into the dance I either don't notice my mistakes, or I don't make as much mistakes and I just keep going forward with the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment