Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A little about me

Well, this is my first post.  Well I guess I will start off telling you a little bit about myself.  My name is Ashley and I work at a daycare center at College of the Canyons.  Also I just graduated from College of the Canyons with my Associates of Science Degree in Early Childhood Ed.  I've been working at the center soon to be 3 years and I love my job.  I graduated from Valencia High School and was in the marching band for all 4 years of it.  I was the nobody in high school.  I only had a few friends which most were in marching band.  But enough of that...

After graduating high school I started working at Walmart and ran into a long time friend from Jr. High school at La Mesa, Heather.   Working at Walmart was fun...while it lasted.  As soon of the cool mangers left, we got some really bad ones.  So it started getting real bad working there.  Heather and I met some new friends that some we still keep in touch with and some not so much.  I also met Mike, at first he was really nice...at first.  Went on one date, which was nice.  But things turn for the worse and I didn't realize it.  Every time we would go on lunch together, I paid for everything, he didn't communicate a whole lot, and to top it off he stood me up twice!...What a keeper...After a whole month of not hearing from him, also a week of before my birthday, I heard that he was with another girl.  So I called him leaving a message asking him what was going on.  I get a myspace message from him that it was over and the whole "its not you, its me..." b.s.  So I was heartbroken for awhile.

After a year at Walmart, I left my job to focus on school.  I started taking some ECE classes and fell in love with it.  I decided that I want to be a teacher and did everything in my power to make it happen.  I ran into one of my high school friends and at one time crush, Chris.  We started talking more and hang out a few times.  I was helping him with his ex...who will remain nameless because she a nut job!  He invited me to Fright Fest back when he use to work at Six Flags.  Then him and another friend, Pollard invited me and Jenny to see Chris Rock.  Just before school started for the fall, he asked me to see a movie with him.  After the movie he drove me home.  On the way home he asked me to be his girlfriend.  And the rest is history...almost 3 years together!!!! <3

A week after Chris asked me out, I get a call from my new boss at College of the Canyons daycare center to start working there.  I'm still working there with the 2 and 3 year olds and I love my job!   I have been there for 3 years now!

Now:

Chris is going to school is going to Humboldt State University and it is coming to our second year of being in a long distance relationship.  We had many bumps in the road, but we manged to make it work.  I'm saving up and trying to find a daycare center to work up there also a cheap little place to live up there, while he tries to find a job as well.  Our plan is to move into next summer and we are hoping to make it work....

No comments:

Post a Comment