Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Friday, October 14, 2011

Moving Forward

Today I decided to call up the children centers in the Humboldt area.  I'm planing on moving up there this summer.  I've called up a bunch of centers to see how often they go through staff and only one place said that they do a lot of hiring, and another place that said the needed subs and that could possibly turn into a more permanent position.  Another place I talk to said that the job market for early childhood education is hard to get into in the area because a lot of students from Humboldt State are applying to the centers just to stay in the education type jobs.  Now I'm freaking out about not being able to find a job up there, but if I stay down here I don't get to be with Chris. We planned for us to move in together. 

The pros of me staying down here:
1) I have a job
2) My family and my friends is down here

The cons of me staying down here:
1) I don't get to see Chris very often
2) I would be living with my parents
3) I wouldn't get to grow as a person and an educator

The pros of me moving:
1) I get to live with the one I love
2) I get my own place
3) I can start my life
4) I might find a place that will give me my own classroom in the future (If I get into one)
5) The area is beautiful 

The cons of me moving:
1) I might not find a job for awhile
2) Money could cause a problem trying to pay for things and we run out
3) I don't know the area well


I don't know what to do right now.  I know its not for a while, but I can't help not to think of what is going happen and plan for the future.  Right now I'm feeling conflicted about this whole thing and I'm scared about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment