Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Going the Distance

I'm sure that there is a handful of people who have been, or in a long distance relationship.  And many of you will say that it is hard.  You will be correct!  I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend and each day the I miss him more.  I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we've been in a long distance relationship of 2 years.  A long distance isn't for everyone, and it's more of a test to see that if the two parties that are in the relationship can last.  You have to be strong in the relationship, you have to trust each other, and you have to communicate with each other. These are also the ingredients for a good relationship in general and not just a long distance one.

It is hard because you don't know if the person you are with is cheating on you, or they are not.  But the only way is to talk to each other.  My boyfriend and I skype every night and we email each other like crazy.  We tell each other everything and we don't hide a thing from each other.

You also need trust.  You have to trust them not to cheat on you and trust them when they say the are not.  Unless you have proof other wise that says they are, but if you think they are cheating on you and they say the aren't.  You have to trust them because you weren't there and there is nothing you have to say other wise.

A lot of people say that long distance relationship don't last and that is true because a lot of people don't want to take the time to make it work.  I'm not saying it is easy, but if you get two people who are dedicated to each other and take the right steps, and you'll find that it works. Not to call anyone weak, but if your relationship is weak then it can't survive a long distance.

In fact that I find that this long distance relationship that I'm in made me stronger in both myself and my relationship.  You'll also grow to apperciate each other more and what ever time that you do have, you don't take for granted.  I am the few proof of a successful long distance relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment