Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, September 9, 2013

Frankenstein's Monster

In my English class, we are reading Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.  Part of our homework is to write up a journal entry of what we read.  So far we only had to write up two, so in the second entry I wrote about the part that we ended in our reading.  The part that I wrote about is the creature was sharing his story, his observations, and his feelings to his creator.  We find out that the monster is lonely and it made me realize that we have at one point felt what the creature was feeling.  We are a creature trying to find a friend and we get treated if we are a monster.

Growing up in Burbank, I really didn't have a friend in the world.  I would have some people say that were my friends, but leaving because someone would tell them not to be my friend, or they were a loser if they were.  I would also have friends that would be friend me, but only to tell my other friends to leave me.  It sucks in you were in elementary school. I would get called a flea or other horrible names.  No one would help me and told me that I was the one with the problem and that I need to grow thicker skin.  I was the one that needed to change. At a young age that this message was for me that I was the one with a problem, and that it was okay for what the other children were doing.  The only thing that I wanted was a friend and to stand by my side through good and bad.  Someone to pull me up when I'm down, and not care the lies and rumors that the other children would say.  That is all that I really wanted as a kid...no toys, games, or any of that...I wanted a friend.

When reading Frankenstein, it was easy to get mad at the monster because he killed a young child and framed an innocent girl.  But once you read to the part that he is telling his story only to find out that he was lonely, and he had no one; no family, no friends, no lover.  You start to feel for the creature and realize that at one point that you feel like him. 

I shared my story.  At a young age I was tormented throughout elementary school and I had no one on my side. 

Word of Wisdom:
Who is the true monster, the ones that looks different from everyone, or the ones that treats another human being like crap without any reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment