Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, January 23, 2012

Relationship Status

I saw someone post a picture that states "Single is not a status.  It's a word that best describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others."  I'm not going to lie that it made me offended.  I'm in a relationship with a wonderful person and I'm very happy with him!  I'm not saying everyone needs to find someone and get in a relationship now, but I feel like it is saying that I need my boyfriend to be happy and enjoy life.  Not everyone wants to be in a relationship, or ready to be in one.

Those who are single aren't losers...they just haven't found the right person for them, or that they are not the types that want to have a relationship.  But they aren't better people than the ones that are in a relationship because they can live life without "depending" on others.  Plus that isn't true...what about friends and family?  I think people tend to rely on them as well as a lover if they had one.  Relationships aren't for everyone...and they are people who are in a relationship that shouldn't really be in one for their own good.

Those who are in a relationships aren't better than those who aren't in one.   Not everyone that is in a relationship isn't some weak person that can't be happy without having a boyfriend/girlfriend.  Yes, I will agree that they are people out there that are in relationships, or want one because they aren't happy with who they are.   Like I said before, I have a boyfriend that I'm very happy with...but it isn't the end all be all.  I know that I will be okay without having him next to me 24/7.  And if we did break up...I know that I will be okay and that life goes on.  Relationships are great, but they aren't everything.  If you can't take care of yourself then how do you expect to take care of another person.

I know a couple that is getting married, but they shouldn't because one the guy is trying to prove something and he is only getting what he thinks is the best he can do, and she is marrying him because she doesn't want die alone and she is cheating on him with many guys.


I guess what I'm saying is that relationships aren't everything and that you need to be happy with yourself.  But I disagree with the quote because it sounds like everyone that is in a relationship needs people to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment