Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Ring

I don't really believe in buying a promise ring.  1) they are pricy and 2) you might as well buy a wedding ring. Spring break 2009, my boyfriend gave me his class ring to promise me that he does love me and that he wants nothing bad to happen in this relationship.  A week later, I gave my class ring to him.  We didn't do it just to show off that we are in a relationship, but it was a nice reminder that we truly care for each other.  It helped while he was up in Humboldt for two years, and we really didn't get to see each other all that often.  It always reminded me of the promise he made to me.  Because his ring is too big for my hand and my ring is too small for his hand that we put it on necklaces.

A long time ago, I saw another  couple that did the same thing.  The reason they did it was because that she wanted to show off her relationship status, and those were her words.  I'm not saying that it is wrong or right, but I don't agree with it.  A few days ago I see that she lost her ring and was bummed. 

I made this post to share why I always wear a a necklace with my boyfriend's class ring on it.  It isn't to show off my relationship status...it is for me to remember why I'm with him and that it means the world to me.

Word of advice....well I guess I don't have one....

No comments:

Post a Comment