Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sexuality

A few weeks ago I have seen a few post about transgender and transexuals.  One was an article about babies born as both sex and the parents picking one gender to make it less awkward.  Another the was a post of a person refusing to acknowledge a person's identity that they choose to be than the one they were born with.  Of course I am cool with transgenders/transexuals, but I stopped to think what it if it happened to someone I know and is close to me.

If one of my family members decided to change their gender would be hard to get use to, but I am pretty positive that I would be okay and I will supportive.  Then I started to think what if my boyfriend decided that he wanted to be a woman and would I still be with him.

At first I wouldn't be because I identify myself being straight.  Then I thought more about it because I believe in soul mates and that their is that one person for everyone.  I realized that I would be with him because I fell in love with the person that makes me smile, feel wonderful about myself.

I asked my boyfriend the same question and at first he wasn't sure that he could be with me if I were to become a man.  The more we talked it out he realized that he would love me and be with me no matter what.

At first I did only believed in only straight, gay, or bi.  I didn't believe people claiming being pansexual and what not.  I thought it was people wanting to be a special snowflake and want to be called something different than bisexual, or they are straight and wanting attention.  But after having this conversation with my boyfriend, I realized that I love my boyfriend as a person and not because he has a certain body part.  That I would love him no matter what gender he choose to be and he is the same way.

Word of advice:
Some times we have the mantility of it would never happen to me.  Some times we need to step back and put ourselves in that situation to truly understand others.

No comments:

Post a Comment