Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, October 14, 2013

Lab Students Fall of 2013

As most of you that do follow my blog know that I work at a daycare center at the community college.  When people take ECE classes, they can take ECE Lab and they can observe child, teachers, and parent interactions in a classroom setting.  Most of the lab students that we had in my room in the pass were really nice and helpful and actually interacting with the children.  Of course there was a few lab students that were to scared to get their expensive clothes painted on, but all of them were really sweet.  This year is my first year after in three years that I'm in the afternoons again.  I don't get to meet most of the lab students that help out in the classroom. 

When I walk in to my room early to start setting up for the afternoon, every lab student their gives me this death glare.  They would give me a look of "why are you doing hear and why are you hugging my kids"  Even when the master teacher would tell them that I am the lead afternoon teacher and that I have worked with majority of the kids last year; because I did worked in the mornings  before this promotion.  A few of the lab students are sweet, but they get wrapped up with a child and you can tell that they already have a favorite.  This also leads with them just working with that child and doing things that we would not do at work.  I told my master teacher that and she just kept giving me the dirtiest look anyone could give me because I told the master teacher what she was doing. A few of them I will try to talk to and be friendly, but will give this answer with an attitude.  

I don't know what is up with lab students this semester, but they need to stop acting like that they are running the class room and treat actual teachers like they are scum of the planet. 

Word of Advice:
Be respectful to everyone in the building because it isn't just classroom and children stuff that you are learning, it is also teaching you how to work with a staff

No comments:

Post a Comment