Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Monday, October 7, 2013

From one end of California to another-the people in between

Back of the days of myspace and when facebook started out, everyone tried to be friends with many people as one can.  Even though a lot of people have never met most of their friends they had on their friends list, the goal was to break at least 500.  I realized that now I have 305 friends on facebook, but am I bragging about it??? No!

I went through all of my friends list and wondering: Do I even know half of these people?  The people that I have on here are ones that I went to school with, my family that I don't get to see, the ones that I work with (both from Wal-mart and the center), people that I met at COC,  the ones that I met through Chris up at Humboldt, and a couple that I met at a concert.  I know and met all 305 people and I can say that I have met each person at least once in person. 

Do I talk to everyone?  Of course not!  The only ones that I do talk to are my close friends and the people that I currently work with.  One would say "Why don't you just delete the other people if you don't talk to them at all?"  The reason is that I use to know these people and it is nice to see how they are doing and how their lives are playing for them.  It is nice to know that they are safe,having a good life.

What am I trying to get at?
I guess it is interesting on how many people you meet, how you met them, and what kind of memory you hold for them


No comments:

Post a Comment