Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's day!

I agree that there shouldn't be one day to celebrate the love you have if you are a couple.  If you are single and want to call it single awareness day then by all means go ahead!  But what ticks me off a bit is where people who are single throw either a pity party because they feel they need to have someone to just celebrate a commercial holiday.  But what I don't like is that when single people are picking on couples because they love each other.  I agree that you should love your partner every day and not just once a year, but that isn't okay to make couples feel bad because you are alone. 

One post that made me wrote this said this: "Thank you to all the lovely couples out there reminding me today that I don't have a special someone in my life...happy single awareness day!"  I'm sorry that ever couple has to stop being a couple because you are to busy focusing on why you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend to do stuff with. They are the same that if they see two people showing a little PDA that they make quotes like "Get a room!"  and they say it with disgust.  If it bugs you so much then don't look!

I know they're couples out there that go a little far with a PDA and that isn't okay!  And for the single people who don't make a big deal about it, I say thank you!  You aren't being big cry babies about it.  Like I've told people before;  It is nice to have someone, but it isn't the end of the world if you don't have anyone!

And to those who make a big deal on not having a special someone, or bagging on couples because you are jealous I have one thing to say and ask of you:

1) Please stop teasing and making fun of couples!  Just because you are jealous of others doesn't make it okay to be a jerk about it!

2) My Advise for those who are so desperate to find someone:  Stop acting like you are God's gift to everyone.  Stop the pity me game.  It is a big turn off and it makes everyone not want to be around you (either relationships or friendship).

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment