Restlessly Still

Restlessly Still

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Different hats

As you probably read in the past that I work in a child care center.  I'm a preschool teacher, but I don't count in the eyes of others.  When some stores when they offer a teacher discount and I ask about it and they will ask me if I was a teacher and where I work.  I told them that I work at the preschool at the local college, and then I get this look of that I don't qualify for the discount.  I also had one person tell me that I was not a teacher. 


I'm not a teacher?  Just because I work with younger children does not me that I am not a teacher.  I am teaching them how to interact with other children, to use their words, colors, abc's, 123's, and other things that they need to know before going into elementary school.  But that is only one of the many hats that I wear.

Here are my other hats:

I'm a teacher
I'm a yard supervisor
I'm a nurse
I'm a first responder
I'm a gardener
I'm a part time mommy
I'm a chef
I'm a waiter
I'm a musician
I'm a singer
I'm a actoress
I'm a story teller
I'm a  repair person
I'm a counselor
I'm a couch
I'm a pillow
I'm a tissue
I'm an art easel


I am a teacher and so much more!

Word advice:
Just because a person works with preschoolers and even younger doesn't mean that they are not teachers and that they are not teaching them something important.   Preschool teachers wear many hats.



No comments:

Post a Comment